Yellow Rice is so easy to make and tastes delicious. It’s the perfect side or great in burritos as well.
I’m back from a much needed break and hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year’s! I just did the bare minimum to keep my blog going and and ready to get back at it. The kids are back in school and I’m ready to roll (mostly).
I made homemade Yellow Rice and you won’t want to buy the boxed kind after you see how easy it is. It goes well with most main dishes and you can use it in my Cheesy Rice and Chicken Casserole and Slow Cooker Cheesy Rice and Chicken Casserole.
How ever you eat this Yellow Rice, it’s bound to be good. It’s completely from scratch and is ready in under 30 minutes. If you’re ready for an easy side dish, I’ve got you covered. Now relax and recover this week when possible and get ready for the new Netflix Gilmore Girls episodes! That’s right, NEW EPISODES of Gilmore Girls!!
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the rice, stirring until rice begins to lightly brown.
- Stir in the garlic, onion powder, and turmeric until well combined.
- Carefully pour in the chicken broth and raise heat to medium-high. Add salt to taste. Stir well.
- Bring the mix to a boil and turn heat to low. Cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and add cilantro, if desired. Fluff with a fork.
- Serves 4.
Be sure to follow my All the Side Dishes board on Pinterest!
Check out these rice sides from my friends: