These Pineapple Bars are such a happy dessert! They are full of pineapple bits and the perfect treat for Spring and Summer.
You know when you make a dessert and you just want to eat it all the time? That’s what happens when you make these pineapple bars. They are so good. I love baking with pineapple. The flavor is just perfection. Like in these Pineapple Cookies or Pineapple Upside Down Cake for 2.
And then you top them off with powdered sugar or a dollup of whipped cream. GOOD. Make them. I sometimes will tell you what to do because reasons. Just trust me on this. When my kids don’t listen to me and then find out they should have, I tell them “don’t say I didn’t tell you.” Cause I did.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¼ cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- garnish: powdered sugar
- In a large bowl or stand mixer bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix.
- Stir or gently mix in pineapple.
- Spread into a greased 8×8 or 9×9 square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 28-33 minutes until done. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares. Serve.