A buttery, flaky shortbread cookie topped with caramel and chocolate make up these addicting TWIX Cookies!
I am really hoping that all of you here at Mandy’s Recipe Box like a little chocolate. Hi, I’m Debbie with Made From Pinterest and have I got a chocolaty treat for you today.
I think I have mentioned before how much I like caramel. And other than an apple, there’s not anything better to go with caramel than chocolate. May I present my evidence with a picture of these creamy, gooey and chocolatly TWIX Cookies.
The only other evidence that I can suggest is for you to try these. They taste like a TWIX Bar but in cookie form. Pure caramel chocolate heaven. I close my case and the jury is unanimous – these are incredible!
- 1½ cups softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 15 oz caramel **See notes
- 2 cups milk choc chips
- 2 tsp shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add your vanilla, flour and salt. Mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to ½ inch thick.
- To cut cookies you can use a biscuit cutter or I just used a small glass that was 2 inches wide.
- Place round cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes.
- Let cookies cool.
- Melt caramel and spread the caramel over the cooled cookies.
- Let caramel cool completely.
- Add your shortening into the chocolate chips and melt in the microwave. Use a microwave safe bowl and watch so that the chocolate does not burn.
- Spread melted chocolate over cooled caramel.
- Let chocolate set before serving.
- Do not put in the refrigerator as it will discolor the chocolate.
Shortbread recipe adapted from Food Network.
Are you craving more goodies? Check these out!