17.5 oz bag of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix or other store-bought cookie dough
- Make the cookie mix according to package directions. If using refrigerated dough skip to the next step.
- Divide the dough into 4 or 5 bowls.
- Add 8-10 drops of different food coloring to each bowl and mix until color is well blended.
- Take a nickle sized amount of each dough and roll it all into a ball.
- Using the snake method, roll dough between your hands to make a snake-shaped long piece of dough. Lay it on the counter and roll into a spiral; place onto cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. 8-10 minutes until done.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the pan before removing cookies to a baking rack to cool.
Note: I used this food coloring.