Taco Won Tons are little bites of taco wrapped in a won ton wrapper. So easy for a quick appetizer or light meal.
I shared these little guys over on Chef in Training last Saturday, but I wanted to share them here in case you missed them. I found these in my new favorite cookbook that I won. I didn’t want something that I had to use my oven for since it was blasted hot outside. These tasty little guys are perfect as an appetizer or main dish. I goofed and used actual won ton wrappers instead of egg roll wrappers, but they were still just as good. Just smaller.
Taco Won Tons
Author: Mandy Bird
- 1 lb. ground beef
- l package Taco Seasoning
- 12 oz. refried beans
- 12 egg roll wrappers or won ton wrappers
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Brown the ground beef and season with taco seasoning. Add beans and cook till warm.
- Take a wrapper and place a spoonful of meat mixture in the center. Top with some cheese. Brush some water along the edges and fold corners up to meet. Seal.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- If using won ton wrappers, make as many as you want and freeze the rest of the meat mixture for another time.
- Serve hot, topped with sour cream and salsa, if you desire.