These Sweet and Spicy Ribs are a fabulous slow cooker recipe. No standing over a hot grill or heating up the house with an oven. They are fall off the bone perfect.
Anyone else been using their slow cookers this summer? I use mine all year long. Because heating up the house even in the name of food is forbidden during the blazing heat of summer. You can make basically anything is a slow cooker. Even dessert. It’s a wonderful invention. I really hope you are enjoying your summer and all the relaxation that should come with it. Remember, the crazy holiday season is just around the corner!
- 6 lbs pork or beef back ribs, cut into 2 or 3 rib portions
- 5 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup honey or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- Whisk together the barbecue sauce, brown sugar or honey, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder in a medium bowl. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture to use for dipping sauce in the refrigerator.
- Set the ribs in a large slow cooker. Pour the sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Uncover and remove ribs. Skim fat from sauce. Serve with saved sauce.
Be sure to save this to your favorite Pinterest boards!