4 C. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 C. ricotta cheese
6 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 2 Tbsp. dried basil
1 (26 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce, divided
1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13 x 9 dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta. Drain; rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on paper towels.
- For the filling, in a bowl, stir together 3 C. mozzarella with the ricotta and basil.
- Using a spoon, carefully stuff pasta with cheese mixture. Or you can put the filling into a gallon sized zip close bag, cut the end off a corner and pipe into the noodles.
- Spoon 2 C. spaghetti sauce into baking dish. Arrange stuffed shells over sauce.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake manicotti for 15 min. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 10 min. longer. Serve.