I had lots of strawberries to use up and found this recipe from All Recipes and had to try it. Excellent. It would be perfect for a picnic or family gathering. Or just because you want to make it and eat it up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Slice strawberries, and place in medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle lightly with sugar, and set aside while preparing bread mixture.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in large bowl: mix well.
- Blend oil and eggs into strawberries. Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn loaf out, and cool completely.