I am super excited for today’s post. It is an amazing summer treat. It also looks like pepperoni pizza.
But, it’s not. It’s Strawberry Pizza! The slices of strawberries look like pepperoni, the pie filling looks like pizza sauce, and the white chocolate looks like mozzerella cheese. It is part of a blog hop called Foodie Fake Out. Stephanie from Back For Seconds asked if I wanted to join in and create a recipe that looks like one thing, but tastes like another. Fun, right? So at the end, be sure to visit the other ladies’ blogs and see what they came up with.
Author: Mandy Bird
- 1 pizza crust, store-bought or make your own
- a little sugar
- 1 can of raspberry or strawberry pie filling
- sliced strawberries
- white chocolate, grated
- Make the pizza dough. Roll it out and place it on a greased pizza pan or a rectangle jelly roll pan if you don’t have a pizza pan.
- Sprinkle the crust with sugar.
- Bake according to the recipe or package directions.
- Remove from oven and immediately spread the pie filling on. Add the strawberries and grated white chocolate.
- Serve right away while it’s still warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Click over here for a great pizza dough recipe. I use it all the time and it’s from Our Best Bites.
Now head over to these blogs to see more Foodie Fake Out fun!
Ice Cream Scoop Cookies on Back For Seconds
Watermelon Ice Cream Cake from Fearless Homemaker
Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes from Something Swanky
Sand Dessert from Flour Me with Love
Frozen Hot Chocolate from Chocolate, Chocolate, and More
Puffed Pastry Sticky Buns from Stone Gable