Summertime means slushes. Like we want them in the winter. Unless you live somewhere warm when it’s winter. Strawberry Lemonade is a favorite of mine. Combine into a slush and it’s perfection. Add a cute straw and it’s even funner.
Recipe Source: BHG cookbook
Strawberry Lemonade Slush
Author: Mandy Bird
- Lemonade Base:
- 2½ C. water
- 1¼ C. sugar
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1¼ C. lemon juice
- ½ C. fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- ⅓ C. lemonade base
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ C. ice cubes
- For the Lemonade Base- In a saucepan, heat and stir water and sugar over medium heat till sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat; cool 20 minutes.
- Add zest and juice to the mixture.
- Pour into a jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- For the Slush- For each serving, in a blender combine strawberries, lemonade base and sugar.
- Blend till smooth.
- Add ice cubes until mixture becomes slushy.
- Serve immediately.