This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Acorn Influence, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
This Strawberry Dessert Tostada is one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make and is perfect for Cinco de Mayo! Make as many as you want in no time at all.
I am half Hispanic and grew up eating authentic Mexican food and am such a food snob when it comes to eating Mexican food in restaurants. It has to be authentic and made with love like my grandma put into her cooking. It makes all the difference. And my Strawberry Dessert Tostada is the perfect ending to any Mexican meal. They couldn’t be easier thanks to TortillaLand uncooked tortillas I picked up at Costco.
They come in two packs of 25 uncooked flour tortillas and you can refrigerate one and freeze the other for later. I honestly use these tortillas all the time. I love cooking them in a skillet and putting some butter on them and just eating them like that. I also love cooking them the same way and adding some cinnamon sugar and rolling them up. Or I’ll cook them and use them for enchiladas, burritos, breakfast burritos and so much more. They really are my favorite tortillas. I found them in the refrigerated section at Costco and grabbed a package to make this Strawberry Dessert Tostada.
- 6 TortillaLand uncooked flour tortillas
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup hard chocolate shell
- ½ cup cinnamon sugar
- oil for frying
- In a medium sized skillet preheat oil until hot enough to fry tortillas.
- Cook the tortillas one at a time on each side until golden brown, about 30 seconds each side.
- Remove from oil onto a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle both sides with cinnamon sugar.
- Place sliced strawberries on top and drizzle with melted hard chocolate shell. Allow to set until chocolate hardens.
Be sure to save this to your favorite Pinterest boards!