These Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my top two favorite chocolate chip cookies. There are so many out there but trust me when I say this recipe is one of the best!
Yes, yes, I know. Everyone has their favorite go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. But. This recipe today is one of my very most favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes that I’ve made. The other one I love are my Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies. I’m picky when it comes to chocolate chip cookies. They have to be amazing. And these Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are that.
So the secret to these perfect cookies is a little bit of honey. It can’t be substituted so don’t even try or they just won’t be the same and you’ll be mad at me for them not turning out when really it was your fault for not using the honey so just use the honey okay? Great. Thanks.
- ½ cup butter partially melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Microwave the butter for about 30 seconds to just barely melt it (half soft and half melted).
- Using electric beaters or stand mixer, combine the butter with the brown and white sugars, and beat until creamy. Add the honey, vanilla and the egg, and barely beat until just mixed through.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing until combined. If needed, add in one or two extra tablespoons of flour until the dough is still soft but easy to handle and firm enough to form one large ball. Add in ¾ of the chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and arrange them on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Press the remaining chocolate chips onto the tops of each cookie; bake for about 10 minutes. The cookies will look pale and puffed up, but should be golden around the edges. DO NOT OVERBAKE or your cookies will become hard once they have cooled.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Be sure to save this to your favorite Pinterest boards!