This Slow Cooker Chile Verde is legit. Slow cooker recipes are the best. Just put it in and walk away. This is a favorite recipe of mine.
Growing up, my dad would make ham hock and beans and homemade tortillas (like Grandma) all the time. I loved it and still do. My great-aunt Mary would make this chile verde with pork and I loved it. Finally, I have the recipe to make my own. I’ve tweaked it a little to suit my taste and love making it anytime I want.
- 3-5 lbs pork roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 16 oz. jar of salsa verde
- 2 cans black or pinto beans or 1 lb dry beans, soaked and cooked according to package directions.
- 1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- Place the roast, soup and broth in a slow cooker. Cook on low all day, 8-10 hours.
- Add the salsa, beans, green enchilada sauce and chiles.
- Stir and cook 1 hour more.
- Serve with tortillas.