This cake. It’s healthified without losing flavor or texture. I used Greek yogurt in place of the oil and egg whites in place of the eggs. The result is a delicious cake that you can eat proudly. What other cake will give you protein? Thanks to the Greek yogurt. And the frosting. Well, it’s in its own world. Amazing own world. I first made it with this banana cake and it wins all. It is my go-to frosting.
There is about 188 calories in one serving of this cake. Not bad at all.
- Ingredients for cake:
- 1 box (16.5 oz) yellow cake mix
- 6 oz. plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 egg whites
- Ingredients for frosting:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste* (see below)
- 1¼ cups confectioner's sugar
- Mix dry cake mix with yogurt, egg whites and water. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Mix together the butter and powdered sugar.
- Add the cream and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla paste and mix again.
- Frost cooled cake and serve with berries on top, if desired.