Sometimes I think corn is an underrated side dish. When cooked right, it can be very delicious and it’s wonderful paired with other vegetables. Especially with zucchini. Try this Sauted Corn and Zucchini!
Amy from My Name is Snickerdoodle here!These two summer vegetables are available all year long and are pretty versatile. I really like to grill them both, but when grilling season is closed, sauteing them in a little butter works just as great!
My little boys gobble this side dish with no fuss and that is a major plus in my book! It’s wonderful served along side chicken, beef or pork and comes together in minutes. If I have it on hand, I like to garnish it with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. It brings it to a whole other level.
This can easily be doubled if you’ve got a bigger family or crowd to feed. I think it would also be a great dish to bring to a pot luck!
- 16 oz Frozen Sweet Corn, Thawed
- 2 Medium Zucchini, Chopped
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 1 TBSP Oil
- Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- In a large saute pan heat butter and oil together over medium high heat.
- Add in thawed corn and zucchini.
- Saute for about 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once both the corn and zucchini have browned in certain spots, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Check out these other yummy recipes from My Name Is Snickerdoodle!