I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
This Sausage and Veggie Skillet is a one pan meal that is ready in 30 minutes. It’s a healthier choice for shedding that weight for summer!
I basically hate cooking and eating heavily in the summer. The heat just makes heavy food unappealing and ain’t nobody got time for standing over the stove all day. Besides now that all the winter clothes are put away and it’s short and swim suit season, people are more aware of what they are eating. Usually. I am always a fan of quick meals. That’s a given. But what I love is delicious and healthier food. Sometimes that’s hard to find. I don’t like my food to taste like cardboard. So I have to meet somewhere in the middle. This Sausage and Veggie Skillet is a great choice for a lighter meal.
Johnsonville Natural Brats is a new product line to Johnsonville that has limited distribution. Many people have trouble finding a healthy sausage, and this Naturals product is the answer! Just look at that label.
- No MSG added, 0G Trans Fat, No Fillers, Gluten Free
- New product line with three new flavors (white cheddar, jalapeno cheddar, and andouille)
- Get the famously great taste of Johnsonville and the super-short ingredient line that makes you feel better about eating it.
And the flavor is awesome. I made this for lunch and we couldn’t get enough of it. I love this White Cheddar Smoked Sausage. Check out the bits of cheese inside…
You can use any rice in this dish. Or quinoa if that’s your thing. And the veggies are versatile. Don’t like broccoli (who even are you?) or yellow squash? Use something else. Just be sure to make this because it’s so good!
- 1 pkg Johnsonville Naturals White Cheddar Smoked Sausage, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 oz) pkg frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and sausage slices. Cook until browned.
- Add the peppers, broccoli, squash, broth and tomato sauce. Simmer until the veggies are tender and the liquid is mostly soaked in.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package directions. Stir into the sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.