Salsa Chicken Wraps are such a flavorful recipe. They are a great weeknight meal because they are so quick and easy to prepare. Use your slow cooker or stove top for this easy dinner recipe.
Friends. Have you made the amazing Salsa Chicken yet? It’s the easiest way to prepare chicken. You just throw some boneless, skinless chicken breasts into a slow cooker and add about 2 cups of your favorite salsa and let it cook. Then just shred it up and use it anyway you like: Tacos, burritos, salads, these Salsa Chicken Wraps. And you can add any toppings you like: sour cream, avocados, lettuce, cheese etc. Bam. Dinner is served.
Mission® Tortillas make these wraps super delicious. They’ve come out with a new line of tortillas: Carb Balance Tortillas, Gluten Free Tortillas, or Digestive Health Tortillas.
I used Mission® Carb Balance Flour Soft Taco Tortillas in these wraps. They are an excellent source of fiber and contain 6g of net carbs per serving. And they are so soft and perfect for rolling or folding up. No cracked tortillas here. You’ll also want to join the Mission Insiders program where you will have the chance to receive free packs of tortillas, $25 gift cards, and exclusive coupons!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups spanish rice, store bought package or your favorite recipe
- 1 can pinto beans, heated
- 8 flour tortillas
- optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, lettuce etc.
- Add the chicken and salsa to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken in the slow cooker and stir together the salsa and juices.
- Make the spanish rice according to package or recipe directions.
- Heat the tortillas slightly to warm.
- Fill with chicken, rice and beans. Add additional toppings if desired. Roll shut and enjoy.
I’m required to disclose a sponsored partnership between our site and Mission Foods. I have been compensated in exchange for this post in the form of payment, product or experiences.