Roasted Carrots make for a great side! Especially with fresh from the garden carrots…
Amy from My Name is Snickerdoodle here! Who has a garden? Summer always brings some of the best produce and I wish I had a green thumb to grow more than herbs. One thing I’ve always wanted to grow is carrots. I hear they pretty easy and my family loves carrots. Unfortunately, I tend to kill the majority of the plants I’ve planted. Thank goodness for great grocers who provide wonderful produce for me to buy whenever I need it! When I came across these multi colored mini carrots at Trader Joe’s, I new I had to have them in my life.
I gave them to my kids raw as a snack, but then roasted them for dinner one night and my family loved them! It’s fun to bring more colors into your meal, but roasted any veggies is my favorite way to serve them.
You could make a tasty maple or honey glaze that typically goes with carrots, however, I just love them with simple ingredients like olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 2 lbs Multi Colored Mini Carrots
- 2-3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place carrots onto a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss to coat and make sure carrots are in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until carrots are tender and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.