The beloved Rice Krispie Treats get a make over! These Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats are sure to please everyone. Make them for Valentine’s Day and surprise your loved ones.
Everyone loves a good ol’ Rice Krispie Treat. And if you don’t we probably can’t be friends anymore. Just kidding. But I probably wouldn’t ever trust someone like that. Again, kidding. But oh my gosh do I love a gooey Rice Krispie Treat. I always add more marshmallows than called for because it’s necessary. For these Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats I used some Red Velvet Cake mix to give it that signature color and a light cake flavor. I also used Cocoa Krispies because chocolate. I drizzled some with melted white chocolate and add candy pearls for fancy’s sake. You can totally skip this step and they are still perfectly delicious.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 10 oz bag mini marshmallows (I always use a little more)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ to 1 cup Red Velvet cake mix, dry
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal
- white chocolate chips
- In a large sauce pan or pot, melt the butter on low heat and add the marshmallows, cake mix and vanilla extract, stirring until smooth.
- Add the cereal and stir until well coated.
- Place the cereal mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Press it flat and level.
- Let it cool until set and then melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over the treats. Add sprinkles or candy pearls if desired.