These Red Velvet Brownies are too pretty not to make all year long! They are super easy and will disappear in no time.
I realize that Christmas and Valentine’s Day are over, which is when you usually see red food. BUT. These Red Velvet Brownies still needed to happen. Who cares if they are red? They are amazing! They are fudgy and easy and addicting. If you don’t eat red food outside of December and February, you will want to make an exception for these brownies.
These brownies are a combo of Red Velvet cake mix and a brownie mix. It comes together quickly and that fudgy-ness is the bomb dot com. I completely just said that. When you need a quick dessert recipe, reach for this Red Velvet Brownies recipe. Trust me.
- 1 box (17.6 oz) brownie mix plus ingredients on box
- 1 box (15.25 oz) red velvet cake mix
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, grease it and set aside.
- In a large bowl, make the brownie mix according to package instructions.
- Spread brownie batter onto the bottom of the 9x13 pan in an even layer. Set aside.
- Wash the bowl and mix together the red velvet cake mix, oil, egg and milk and mix until completely incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon onto brownie layer randomly and swirl very gently with a butter knife in different directions.
- Bake for 22-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean with a small amount of batter on it.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting into them.