These Raspberry Filled Cupcakes are so fun to make and even more fun to bite into! Treat someone to them this Valentine’s Day.
There is so much that I love about these cupcakes.
1. They use my favorite base of Bakery Style Cupcakes.
2. They have a raspberry filling that I LOVE. As in, one of the layers of my wedding cake was white cake with a raspberry filling.
3. The Raspberry Buttercream Frosting.
4. These cupcakes are filled so when you bite into them, the delicious raspberry fruit filling come out and makes a beautiful mess of color.
These filled cupcakes are so easy to make! Check out the step-by-step photos below…
See? Easy. Then all you do is frosting the top to cover the cut out. I use Lucky Leaf® Fruit Filling and Topping for my Raspberry Filled Cupcakes. It just can’t be beat. I trust Lucky Leaf® to give me quality product with excellent flavor! Be sure to make these cupcakes for someone you love.
- For the cupcakes:
- 1 (18.25 oz) white or vanilla cake mix (I used White)
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1⅓ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 4 egg whites
- 1 (21 oz) can red raspberry Lucky Leaf Fruit Filling and Topping,1/2 cup reserved
- For the frosting:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- ½ cup reserved fruit filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the water, oil, vanilla, yogurt or sour cream and egg whites; mix 2 minutes with electric mixer.
- Spoon into cupcake liners about ¾ full.
- Bake 18 minutes until done. Cool.
- Cut a hole out of the centers of the cupcakes. Cut off the "core" to make a flat piece. Set aside.
- Fill holes with fruit filling and replace tops.
- Top with frosting.
- For the frosting
- Combine all ingredients but the fruit filling in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the fruit filling. Stir to combine.
- Pipe or spread onto cupcakes. If piping, you may need to double or triple this recipe. I piped mine on and it did about 12 cupcakes.
This sponsored post is part of my ongoing role as an ambassador for Lucky Leaf® Fruit Filling and Topping.