Pumpkin Waffles with Cinnamon Syrup is the breakfast recipe of the season! Your family will thank you for them.
Welcome to pumpkin season, my friends! Have you tried Mandy’s Pumpkin Caramel Milkshake yet? It’s completely delicious! I’m grateful that she has me come back every month to share recipes from over at My Name Is Snickerdoodle that are almost as great as hers!
And speaking of pumpkin, I’ve come up with some dang great waffles that you can indulge on for the rest of the pumpkin season!
These waffles have a hint of pumpkin and all those yummy spices. It’s then drizzled in cinnamon syrup that is to DIE FOR! It would be equally as great on pancakes as well!
Enjoy these on the weekend or make a big batch and have them all week long. Just make them!
- For Waffles
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 TBSP Granulated Sugar
- ¾ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ⅓ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ cups Milk
- ⅓ cup Butter, Melted and Cooled Slightly
- For Cinnamon Syrup
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 Stick Butter
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- For Waffles
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.
- In a medium bowl mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, milk and butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Use waffle iron according to directions to cook waffles.
- For Syrup
- In a medium sauce pan heat sugar, milk, butter and cinnamon together over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Mixture will foam so stir for 1 minute.
- Serve over waffles.
Check out my other fun fall recipes!
Streusel Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread