I had the chance to try out some Organic products from Pacific Foods packaged in Tetra Cartons. I couldn’t wait to try them out and decided to make this Pumpkin Cranberry Banana Bread. It’s a mouthful to say, but what a delicious one!
First of all, I loved the kit they sent with Organic Chicken Stock, Cranberry Sauce, and Pumpkin Puree.
Obviously I didn’t use the Chicken Stock in this bread because that would be weird. I am saving it for another time, maybe for Thanksgiving stuffing. I love replacing the water with Chicken Stock or broth. So much tastier!
• Tetra Pak® cartons are made of 70% paper, a renewable resource, from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council)
• Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans…or even an egg!
• Cartons are space saving, easy to store and open. Keep your pantry neat and toss your can openers.
• The unique packaging process preserves the flavor and nutrients of food without the use of preservatives.Product quality is exactly the way it was intended to be.
• Recycleable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans
• Cartons are re-closable so you can use what you need and save the rest for later.
- 1½ C. flour
- 1¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. softened butter
- 1 C. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ C. cranberry sauce
- 1 C. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 banana, mashed
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a large bowl.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, pumpkin, cranberry sauce, egg, and banana with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan; remove bread and finish cooling on wire rack.