This Pizza Pasta Bake is an easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love. All the deliciousness of pizza is a pasta casserole!
Hello Mandy’s Recipe Box readers!! It’s me, Jaren, from Diary of a Recipe Collector. I’m back here this month to share another recipe with you guys. It’s the perfect recipe for you all on those busy week nights. I know you are all like me right about now and looking forward to those spring and summer days where the kids can play outside more and the school schedule winds down a little!
Spring doesn’t exactly mean complete slow down for us with baseball starting up, but it will be a nice change. I always look forward to it. Many of our other commitments will be wrapping up soon, so that will be the only thing we have going on after school most days. Thank goodness because this mama is worn out!
So today I bring you a very family-friendly recipe!! I can so see myself making this quite often this spring. It would even be so easy to make ahead and then heat up in the oven. My kids love anything that involves pizza and pepperoni and this was no exception. Go ahead and put this on your menu very soon, and your family will be all smiles!
- 1½ lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- ¾ cup mini pepperoni, divided
- 1 14 oz. jar pizza sauce
- 1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz corkscrew pasta
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Bring water to a boil for pasta.
- In a separate sauce pan, begin browning ground beef over medium high heat.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Cook for 7 more minutes or until beef is browned and onions are clear.
- Add ½ cup pepperoni and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add pizza sauce and crushed tomatoes. Let simmer covered over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook while sauce simmers. Drain pasta once cooked and add to meat sauce and stir to combine.
- Pour pasta and meat sauce mixture into a casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese and remaining pepperoni and bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with fresh chopped parsley and let cool a few minutes before serving.
Other recipes you may like to try:
Connect with Jaren: