We would have delicious brownies for school lunch. I made a variation called Peanut Butter Lunch Lady Brownies that are irresistible!
Do you guys remember when school lunch was delicious and they served those delectable brownies you couldn’t get enough of? If not, I am sad for you. I made Peanut Butter Lunch Lady Brownies in remembrance of a great time when school lunch was great.
I also remember loving those Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars. Do you remember those? Oh so good and I always got an extra if they had leftovers. These Peanut Butter Lunch Lady Brownies are made from scratch. There is no boxed brownie mix involved. I do love brownies from a mix, but these are made with pure love. You can frost these brownies (I recommend this Chocolate Buttercream Frosting), but I like them without sometimes. So I kept them bare. But they are lacking nothing, trust me!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Reese's Minis
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand-mixer, add the melted butter, peanut butter and cocoa powder. Beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and sugar. Mix together and add eggs and vanilla. Mix just until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Scrape the batter into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Press Reese's Minis into the batter throughout the pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove brownies from oven and cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Check out my Brownies and Bars board on Pinterest!
Or these from my friends: