These Oven Roasted Potatoes are a much healthier option than frying them in butter (even though that’s my favorite way to eat them!).The herbs and spices give them such a tasty flavor.
Did you know that potatoes come in three basic types? There’s starchy russet potatoes that bake up fluffy and are great for frying, too. There’s the round waxy potatoes that are excellent in soups, casseroles and potato salads. Finally, there are the all-purpose potatoes that are in between and work great in most recipes. Helpful tidbit for the day and you’re welcome. I posted on Instagram last month about when I made my husband a steak with these Oven Roasted Potatoes. For lunch. On a Wednesday. Usually you think steak and potatoes are a special weekend dinner. Not this time. Hop over to see what he said. It’s typical of him! So make these potatoes along side a steak and you’ll be loved. I love them with ketchup!
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried, minced onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- Place potatoes in a gallon sized ziploc bag or large bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining ingredients; shake or stir to mix.
- Spread potatoes on a 15x10 pan.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp and golden.