This Oreo Stuffed M&M Cookie Cake is the ultimate dessert. It has Oreo cookies and M&M’s baked into a giant cookie cake. Dessert fans will love this!
Hi friends! It’s Jess here from Sweetest Menu with yet another sweet treat for you. I am a cookie lover through and through but I also cannot resist almost any form of candy and don’t even get me started on my love for Oreos. So I’ve combined all three into the most sumptuous treat – an Oreo Stuffed M&M Cookie Cake. The best of all three worlds. Featuring a golden crust, a soft and creamy cookie centre with crunchy M&M’s AND a secret layer of Oreos through the middle, it’s a downright delicious dessert.
I love cookies. I literally can’t get enough of them. Ever since I discovered cookie cakes, I have been concocting all kinds of cookie cake recipes. My latest was a gorgeous Fourth of July Peanut Butter Cookie Cake complete with swirls of red and blue rainbow buttercream frosting. Even so, it’s hard to beat a cookie with a surprise inside, am I right? On the outside, this beauty looks gorgeous but just wait until you cut inside and show your guests your Oreo masterpiece – priceless!
Hiding the Oreos inside the cookie dough requires a little bit of love but it is most definitely worth it. You just have to make sure you spread the cookie dough as evenly as possible over the top and around the edges. Then just pop it in the oven and watch it grow – just like magic! If you are after more cookie cakes, check out my Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with chocolate buttercream or why not take your cookie cake and make it into a giant layer cake, like I did, with my Double Chocolate Cookie Cake. The possibilities are endless. Enjoy!
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup (140 grams) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 and ¼ cup (175 grams) plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 13 plain Oreo biscuits
- ½ cup plain M&M's + extra for decorating
- Prepare your round 23cm (9 inch) baking tin by greasing with butter and lining with baking or parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180 (360 F).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes with an electric beater or until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat again until combined. Sift in the flour, baking soda and cornflour and gently fold with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- The next part is a little bit of a labour of love – but it’ll be worth it. Divide the dough into two and press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of your pan. You will need to spread it out with your hands so there are no gaps – go right into the corners. Once this is done, place your Oreos on top of the cookie dough and press them down slightly so they stick. Just make sure you don't put any Oreos right along the edge as you want room for the cookie dough to go down the sides so the Oreos are completed hidden.
- Add the M&M's to the other half of the cookie dough and mix through. Then grab small pieces or blobs of the cookie dough and place them all over the Oreos. You will then need to spread the cookie dough out gently with your hands so the Oreos are fully covered.
- Pop into the oven for approximately 20-22 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Press a few extra M&M's gently into the top while it's still warm. Then leave the cake to cool for 15 minutes or until you can safely remove it from the tin and then pop it onto a wire rack to cool completely.