I LOVE these easy cookie bars! I love them because they not only taste wonderful and are easy to make, but they are the perfect treat to pack for a warm weather get-together! From picnics to pot lucks this cookie bar is sure to please everyone!
I used my favorite blackberry jam in this batch, but the great thing about these bars is you can use whatever flavor jam or preserves you love. Be sure to use the entire amount of jam called for in the recipe though, because you really want to have a nice thick layer of fruit filling to contrast the nutty oat crusts. I made the crusts in a large capacity food processor to make things easy. It is a lot of crust mixture, so make sure your food processor is at least a 7-cup capacity model or it will not all fit.
Bake up a batch of these yummy cookie bars today! I promise, you’ll be glad you did!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 12 ounce jar of your favorite flavor of jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13" x 9" pan with cooking spray and line with parchment so two flaps hang over the edge of the pan.
- In LARGE (at least a 7-cup capacity) food processor bowl with blade attached, add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pulse to combine. Add in oats, walnuts and cubed butter. Process until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle half the mixture in the prepared pan. Press down firmly to form crust. Spread entire amount of jam onto the crust. Top with remaining crumb mixture and press down lightly.
- Bake in oven for 30 -35 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
|Peanut Butter Magic Cookie Bars|
|Hungarian Jam Squares|