This bread is really good! It is great for when you want homemade bread with your dinner, but not taking the time to let it raise for hours. There’s no yeast in this bread. The texture is so soft. I was very surprised at that.
No-Rise Whole Wheat Bread
Author: Mandy Bird
Serves: 1 loaf
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- In a large bowl, mix flours, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients, except butter; stir well until moistened.
- Add butter; stir.
- Turn batter into a well-greased one-quart round or loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Loaf will crack on top while baking. Set dish on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes; turn out loaf and finish cooling on rack.
This cookbook has great Good-For-You recipes. There are breakfasts, soups, breads, Garden-Fresh sides and salads, chicken, pork and beef main dishes, fish and vegetable main dishes, healthy snacks and desserts as well as a homemade pantry. This category has recipes for “catsup”, tarter sauce, cream of chicken soup and more! If you go here, you can get some recipes from Good-For-You Everyday Meals.
Would you like your own copy? Just use the rafflecopter below to enter. Login with your Facebook or email and do any or all entries you want.
You may also like these recipes…
Or these from the web…