Hello Everyone! I’m Debbie and I’m back again this month from Made From Pinterest with a recipe that has been in my family for 25 years!
I received this recipe from a friend of mine over 25 years ago. We were at a party where everyone was supposed to bring something and this is what she brought. As I was in line getting my plate of food, a man was ahead of me who was on his second round. He turned to me and told me that he wanted to come back to get some more of this cherry jello and he wanted to know what it was called because it was the most wonderful cherry jello he had ever eaten in his life.
When I asked my friend what the name of her recipe was…..you guessed it. It really was called The Most Wonderful Cherry Jello You Will Ever Eat in Your Life. I told her about the man in front of me and we had a great laugh!
Since then it became a family staple while my kids were growing up and to this day it is still my son’s favorite jello side dish. It calls for cherry pie filling which almost turns it into a dessert and the whipped topping isn’t just Cool Whip and adds a decadent creamy topping.
I hope that you try it and that maybe you too will think that’s it’s the most wonderful cherry jelly you have ever eaten in your life!
- 1 6 oz pkg cherry jello
- 1 large can crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 can Cherry pie filling
- 1 (3 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- Combine cherry gelatin with 2 cups of boiling water. OMIT 2 cups cold water as directed on the package.
- Add crushed pineapple with juice and cherry pie filling.
- Pour into 9x13 pan; chill.
- Combine pudding with 1 cup milk and beat. Let set for 1-2 minutes until slightly thick.
- Add Cool Whip and mix well.
- Spread on top of the chilled cherry jello.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
We’d love for you to stop by sometime and say hi and take a look at some of our other recipes like these!