I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.
In celebration of the release of Monsters University on Blu-Ray and DVD, I made some fun Monsters U Krispy Rice Treats for my kids and had a viewing party. They absolutely loved it! Awesome Mom Award goes to…Mandy Bird! Thank you, thank you. Moving on.
I headed to Walmart to pick up the new release of Monsters University on Blu-Ray and DVD with an Infinity Mike Wazowski figure. I also brought home Sully. He needed a home. Then we made some scary treats for our party. Sully’s fur, Mike Wazowski’s eye and Squishy’s face were how we decorated our treats.
We saw Monsters U as a family in the theater, but it was just as fun at home the second time around. Look at cute little Mike with braces…
I love when Mike and Sully meet for the first time in college.
We love family movie nights at our house. Now go pick up your copy of Monsters University and have your own viewing party. Get creative and make some scare-worthy treats while you’re at it. These treats I made were super easy. I got all the ingredients at Walmart in the cake decorating aisle, not the baking aisle.
Rice Krispy Treats (homemade or store-bought)
Purple candy pearls
white edible sculpting dough
black edible sculpting dough
black piping gel
For Sully’s Fur:
- Pipe blue frosting onto rice treat using the star shaped tip of a cake decorator.
- Sprinkle some purple candy pearls onto the “fur”.
For Mike Wazowski’s Eye:
- Spread rice treat with green frosting. Shape the sculpting dough into the white eye shape.
- Add some blue coloring to the white for the iris; shape into a ball and flatten to a circle.
- Shape a little piece of the black sculpting dough into a ball and flatten for the pupil.
- Place the pupil onto the iris and the iris onto the white of the eye; place whole eye onto the green frosting.
For Squishy’s Face:
- Place a dab of black piping gel onto the backs of 5 candy eyes.
- Place onto rice treat.
- Shape the piping gel into a smile.