These Mini Ham and Vegetable Quiche are totally versatile and make the perfect brunch recipe.
Amy from My Name is Snickerdoodle here. I have a simple theory about food. 99% of the time it tastes better in mini form. Maybe it’s because it so adorable that you can’t help but want to eat it OR you feel like you can get away with eating more because it’s smaller.
Either way, these mini (and crust-less) quiche are super easy to make and extremely scrumptious. They are perfect for a breakfast on the go or maybe a little brunch with your girlfriends.
The recipe can easily be doubled and keeps in the refrigerator for about 5-7 days. Use some leftover ham from dinner the night before or just buy a few thicker slices from your local deli. You can also customize the cheese and the veggies with whatever you have on hand. Make sure to avoid using water based veggies like zucchini or tomatoes. They will make the mini quiche very watery. I really like the combination of asparagus and mushrooms together.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup 2% or whole milk
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1½ cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- ½ bunch thin asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup ham, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 regular muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Set aside the tip pieces of the asparagus.
- Stir in the ham, mushrooms and asparagus.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, pour egg mixture into each tin.
- Place one asparagus tip on top of each quiche.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, immediately take a knife and run it around each edge of the mini quiche.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in the tins before serving.
*For leftovers, place completely cooled mini quiches in an airtight container and chill. To reheat, place 2 mini quiche on a microwave safe plate and heat for 1 minute on high.
Some other great breakfast or brunch recipes can be found here!