Lemon Heavenly Oreo Dessert is a delicious lemon version of the original Heavenly Oreo Dessert that has become a huge hit on Mandy’s Recipe Box. Give this lemon version a try!
Remember the Heavenly Oreo Dessert I posted? You should since it’s one of the most viewed recipes on my blog!
It is still one of my all-time favorite desserts. I decided to make a lemon version. I thought it would be good, but nothing compared to the original version. Umm…wrong! It is just as good, only different because it’s lemon. It’s also made it into the all-time favorites category.
Like last time, I made this when my mom came to visit. She loved it as well. Give it a try and be prepared to eat the entire thing yourself, if left unattended. I used the Golden Oreos but you can also try the Lemon Oreos (yes, there is such a thing!) if you want to up the lemon flavor.
Ingredients1 (14.3 oz.) package of Golden Oreo cookies1/2 c. butter, melted2 pkg. (3.4 oz each) Lemon Instant Pudding3 1/4 c. cold milk2 containers (8 oz. each) Cool Whip8 oz. cream cheese, softened1 c. powdered sugarDirections
- Crush all Oreo cookies in a food processor until crushed. You could also put the cookies in a large resealable bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- Save 1/2 c. of the crumbs for the topping.
- Pour the remaining crumbs into a 9×13 dish and add the melted butter.
- Stir and press into the bottom of the dish to make a crust.
- In a bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk.
- Set in the fridge for now.
- Blend cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Mix and fold in one container of Cool Whip.
- Spread over the crust.
- Add pudding and spread over the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the other Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 c. Oreo crumbs over top.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.