Lazy Day Cobbler is so easy to make that it’s perfect for those… lazy days. No need to be fancy all the time.
I don’t know about you but I love Peach Cobbler. And I love pie filling. And I love that this recipe uses both. I made a Blueberry Cobbler-Cake that was amazing. This is more on the cobbler side than cake side hence the cobbler in the name. I made it in a square Chinet Bakeware pan. You could double this and make it in a 9×13 pan.
Lazy Day Cobbler
Author: Mandy Bird
- ¼ C. butter
- 1 C. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 C. sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ C. milk
- 1 can peach pie filling or other filling of your choice
- Place butter in an 8x8 square baking dish.
- Place in the oven and turn oven to 350 degrees; let butter melt in the dish.
- Beat together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and milk.
- Remove dish with the melted butter; spread the batter in the dish.
- Pour pie filling over the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done. You may need to cover with foil after 45 minutes so it doesn't brown too much.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
I love my Chinet Bakeware pans. You can take them from oven to table to freezer to microwave all in one sturdy pan. They are sturdier than the aluminum pans. More attractive, too. They are made in the USA of 90% recycled material.
Make this Lazy Day Cobbler for your next PTA meeting or Bunco game night. It’s perfect with a dollop of whipped cream of scoop of vanilla ice cream.