This Kool-Aid Popcorn is such a fun and tasty treat. Change up the colors for any occasion by simply using different flavors of Kool-Aid. The kids will eat it up. Adults, too!
Have you seen this popcorn before? My sister-in-law has made it in a pretty light blue for a Frozen themed snack that my little girl loved. I decided to go with red and green for Christmas and it’s so festive looking! You can go crazy making all the colors. Just use a different flavor of Kool-Aid for each batch and you can make them for most any occasion. Depending on who goes to the Super Bowl, you could make a batch for that! Make my Homemade Slurpees while you’re at it!
I used Lemon-Lime and Cherry flavored Kool-Aid for this Christmas version. It gives it a fruity flavor that everyone loved. How great would these be at your Christmas party or as last minute neighbor gifts? Just put them in a little bag or even a resealable bag. No one will care because the treat tastes so good!
- 1 bag of microwave kettle corn per color/flavor
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 package Kool-Aid
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pop kettle corn according to microwave instructions - filter out the seeds and pour kernels into a large bowl.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, stir together the butter, sugar & corn syrup. Mix well until butter is fully melted.
- Let mixture come to a boil and boil for 1-2 minutes. NO LONGER.
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in Kool-Aid packet until fully incorporated.
- Add baking soda to Kool-aid mixture - mixture will double in size and become thick and fluffy.
- Pour this mixture over popcorn. Mix well. Mixture will be VERY hot. Do not allow mixture to touch your skin.
- Spread out onto a silicone baking mat or wax paper to cool. Break into pieces and enjoy.
Have you seen my Marshmallow Popcorn, Birthday Cake Popcorn or good old fashioned Caramel Popcorn?
Check out these fun popcorn recipes from my friends: