Pressure Cookers like the Instant Pot are all the rage now and for good reason! Get yourself one and make this Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken immediately. The buttery lemon sauce cooks into the chicken in just 8 minutes.
Guyssss. You. Guys. I need you to do something. Get yourself a pressure cooker like the Instant Pot . I have this BELLA 6 Quart Pressure Cooker and love love love it. It’s a less expensive one and works just as great. I have made only chicken in it so far and am still so amazed that my food cooks in less than ten minutes, not counting the pressure release time. Yes, I am aware of Pressure Cooker But these new versions are so much better. You can do so much more with them. I remember my mom making ham hock and pinto beans in the stainless steel stove top kind. The new ones are electric and completely life changing.
There are gadgets you can also buy to make it so you can make a whole meal at once. Like tower tray thingies. But I don’t have those yet. Or you can use a spring form pan and make lasagna and dessert in it. IN THE PRESSURE COOKER. I’m just really excited about this okay? The flavor is amazing because it pressurizes and seeps right in so quickly. I’ll still love my slow cooker, but I also really love my electric pressure cooker now.
So make this Lemon Butter Chicken soon because it’s so simple and fast. I served it over pasta but you can eat it alone as well. If you serve it over pasta you may want to make extra sauce for topping.
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- ½ c butter
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 4 tsp. flour or more to thicken
- Set the Instant Pot to sautee. Once hot add the butter to melt.
- Add onion powder, garlic and parsley.
- Sear the chicken on each side for about 3-5 minutes. The chicken should be a caramelized brown color.
- Pour chicken broth, lemon juice, and salt over chicken and stir.
- Lock lid into place and close steam valve. Set Instant Pot to poultry setting and cook for 7-8 mins if chicken is thawed and 12-15 minutes if it’s frozen.
- Once done, let depressurize naturally.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot, but leave the sauce in the pan. Gradually stir in flour to thicken sauce.
- Serve as is or with pasta.
Be sure to save this to your favorite Pinterest Boards!
P.S. I was a top blogger in 2017 on AllFreeCasseroleRecipes. Two of my recipes made the top 100 list! Check it out as well as the rest of the amazing recipes.