This recipe appropriately comes from Real Simple, and that is exactly what this is!
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped to peaks with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 ice cream sandwiches (3.5 ounces each)
- ½ cup chocolate chips, chopped - I used Hershey Kisses
- Line an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with a piece of wax paper or parchment, allowing the paper to hang over both long sides.
- In the bottom of the pan, arrange 3 of the sandwiches in a single layer, cutting them to fit as necessary. Spread with half the whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the chopped chocolate chips or Hershey's Kissses. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 week.
- Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan and transfer to a platter. Discard the paper and serve.
For whipped cream that holds it’s shape try our Stabilized Whipped Cream. We found a simple secret that makes it lasts for weeks. Bet you won’t guess what it is!
Thank you Mandy for having us on your blog again! We love to share with your readers and make new internet friends.