Hot Fudge Pudding Cake will wow anyone who eats it. Made completely from scratch, this dessert can’t be beat!
Amy from My Name is Snickerdoodle here… When I was in high school, there was a restaurant my friends and I would always go to on Friday nights. We typically ordered mozzarella sticks or chips and salsa. Dinner was never ordered, but we always got the molten lava cake! I don’t eat at that restaurant anymore, but I still dream of that molten lava cake.
I actually made a copy cat of that cake years ago, but it just wasn’t the same. It wasn’t until I made my mom’s Hot Fudge Pudding Cake that I was taken bake to those high school years. It’s super fudgy and chocolatey!
You will be surprised of how easy this cake is. It actually makes it’s own sauce and only takes a few simple ingredients. Serve it hot and be ready for it to be completely gone in minutes!
- 1¼ cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1¼ cups hot water
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium bowl whisk together ¾ sugar, ¼ cup cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in milk, butter and vanilla. Combine until smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 inch square pan or a 6x10 pan.
- In the same bowl whisk together ½ cup sugar, brown sugar and ¼ cup cocoa. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water entirely over the top of the sugar mixture and DO NOT stir into the mixture. When this is cooked the cake will end up at the top and the sauce will be on the bottom.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until center is almost set. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes.
- Serve cake and spoon remaining sauce from the bottom of the pan over the top. Top with whipped topping or ice cream.