I found this recipe on Tidy Mom and had to try it. To me it just made a boxed cake mix very light and fluffy. Too light for me. I actually prefer the regular box version. These were delicious but so light that I felt like I had to eat more to even know I had any. I will just stick to the directions on the box next time, but it’s fun to try new ideas. See what you think.
1 box cake mix, any flavor
3 large eggs
1/2 C. butter, melted
1 C. water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add cake mix, eggs, and water to the butter in a mixing bowl.
- Beat on low for one minute and then on high for one minute.
- Fill cupcake papers 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and frost.