Because every pancake or waffle needs Eggnog Syrup on them at Christmas time. This syrup is delicious served warm. I haven’t tried it cold, but I am not a fan of cold syrup. I love warm maple syrup and this Eggnog version is to die for.
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- ¾ cup store bought eggnog (full-fat version)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large sauce pan (make sure it is large, this syrup will foam up when you add the vanilla and soda), place the butter, eggnog, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and soda (it will foam).
- Serve over hot pancakes or waffles.