Eggnog Donuts have that delicious flavor that is so loved this time of year! These donuts couldn’t be any easier to make.
Who’s ready to start their holiday baking and neighbor gifting? I like to keep things simple since we live in a tiny community and pretty much give treats to everyone. That’s a lot of treats to make. Big batches of Christmas cookies, fudge or other edible Christmas gifts are what I lean towards. I love the non-food gifts but that can add up when gifting over 30 families. So treats it is!
I don’t love drinking eggnog, but I sure love baking with it. I also love donuts which means I had to make an eggnog version. Who wouldn’t love to receive a plate of homemade donuts for Christmas? They are so soft and delicious. You can add sprinkles or leave them with just the Eggnog Glaze. I did both because kids will eat most anything if it has sprinkles on it. If you don’t have a donut pan, I highly recommend it. They are so inexpensive and Amazon has them at your finger tips. I got mine for about $10. To pipe the batter into the pan, I just put it into a ziploc bag, snip of the corner of the bag and pipe into the pan. Easy peasy.
- Eggnog Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. eggnog
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- Eggnog Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. eggnog
- ¼ tsp. rum extract
- For the donuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together the eggnog, extract, egg oil and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Place batter into a plastic Ziploc bag and cut the corner off. Pipe into greased donut pan.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes until toothpick inserted into donut comes out clean.
- Dip into glaze while still warm.
- For the glaze
- Mix the glaze ingredients together, starting with 2 Tbsp. eggnog. Add more to reach desired consistency. You don't want it too thick.
- Dip tops of warm donuts into glaze and place on wire racks to set. You can dip them twice if you want.
You may also like these Eggnog recipes from my friends: