This Eggnog Bread is incredibly moist and incredibly addicting. Beware if you make this-you’re gonna have to hide it from yourself or make mini loaves and just keep one out and freeze the rest. Very true story.
Egg Nog Bread
Author: Mandy Bird
- Eggnog Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1¾ cups eggnog
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 - 3.4 oz package instant french vanilla or vanilla pudding
- Egg Nog Glaze
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- enough Egg Nog to make glaze drizzle over the bread, start with 2 Tbsp.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom of bread pan or mini loaf pans.
- Beat eggs, add sugar, eggnog, butter, rum and vanilla extract.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and mix well.
- Add the instant pudding and blend.
- Pour into greased pan or mini loaf pans.
- Bake for about 60 minutes for 9" loaf pan or 20-25 minutes for mini loaf pans. Bread will be golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely on a baking rack.
- When cool drizzle Eggnog Glaze on top.