If your household is like mine during the holiday season, snacks and appetizers abound! During the celebrations, I like to simplify as much as possible. Easy Swiss, Spinach, and Red Pepper Pinwheels are the perfect snack or app for a busy season.
Happy holidays, all! It’s Patricia here from Grab a Plate. I’m sure you’re still having fun with your family and friends, and New Year celebrations are just around the corner. If you’re looking for tasty, fuss-free apps or snacks for the festivities, try these Easy Swiss, Spinach, and Red Pepper Pinwheels. Not only are they easy to make, they’re colorful and convenient, too!
It doesn’t get any easier: there’s no baking or even refrigeration time involved in making these pinwheels. They’re perfect for munching on when you’re gathered for game night, or watching the big game. I hope you’re having a joyous season! Here’s to a wonderful 2016!
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups (packed) fresh spinach leaves, stems trimmed
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers or sweet and spicy red peppers, cut into ½-inch-thick strips Toothpicks
- Combine the cream cheese, Swiss cheese, and black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Lay the tortillas out flat and spread each with the cream cheese mixture, all the way to the edges. Add a layer of spinach leaves to cover the cream cheese mixture. Add pieces of the red peppers all over the top of the spinach.
- Roll the tortillas tightly and place each, seam-side down, on a cutting board. Slice the tortilla rolls into 3-inch slices and secure them with a toothpick, all the way through the diameter of the roll. Serve on a platter as an appetizer or snack.