Summer is right around the corner and salads will be in full force. This Easy Sirloin Thai Salad is a must make. Everything you need all in one dish!
First, I love salads. Second, I love steak. Third, I love avocados. This salad is a match made in heaven. The dressing is absolutely amazing. Sesame oil always wins when it’s in a dressing. And peanut butter, you guys. This is a new favorite salad. The recipe comes from Beefitswhatsfordinner.com where there are lots of other mouth-watering recipes.
This serves 4 but I ate half by myself, easy. But what’s wrong with that, it’s a salad and steak. Super healthy and super amazing. I am already planning on making this Easy Sirloin Thai Salad again. And you can, too because one of you can win $100 in beef! Just enter the giveaway after the recipe.
Did you know a top sirloin is one of more than 30 cuts of beef that are considered lean. All lean beef cuts have less than 10 grams of total fat and 4.5 grams or less of saturated fat. To choose lean cuts of beef, look for “Loin” or “Round” in the name.
- For the salad:
- 1 lb beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 (5-ounce) container prewashed greens (about 8 cups)
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1 small red and/or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Lime wedges
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place beef steak on grill and cook, covered, 13-16 minutes over medium heat on preheated gas grill for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk all dressing ingredients in medium bowl until smooth or shake together in a mason jar; set aside. Arrange lettuce on serving platter; arrange avocado, carrot and bell pepper over lettuce.
- Cut steak into slices; season with salt. Place beef over salad. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired. Serve immediately; squeeze lime wedges over salad, as desired.
This post is sponsored by the Idaho Beef Council. For more info go to idbeef.org