I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
The classic stuffing recipe gets an added boost of flavor with sausage in this Easy Sausage Stuffing recipe. It’s the perfect side to the turkey on Thanksgiving!
Stuffing usually is pretty basic. While that’s still delicious, I changed it up by adding Johnsonville’s Ground Italian Sausage and let me tell you, I’m hooked on this version. It has such great flavor with the mild sausage I used. You could use their sweet or hot sausage if you prefer. It will taste amazing no matter which one you choose. It’s so easy to make this stuffing. You only need a few ingredients.
All of Johnsonville’s Ground Italian Sausage are all natural and adds flavor to any recipe you make. Thanksgiving will never be the same again once you use it in your stuffing. To make this easy sausage stuffing you just need to cook the sausage with the onion and add the rest before putting into the oven for 25 minutes. Super easy and super tasty. Be prepared for all the compliments.
- 16 oz. Johnsonville Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 14 oz package herb stuffing
- 28 oz chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 2.5 quart baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a skillet cook the onion and sausage together over medium high heat until fully cooked.
- Place the package of stuffing into a large bowl and pour the cooked sausage over it. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken broth and stir again until broth is absorbed.
- Melt 3 Tbsp of butter and pour over the stuffing and stir again.
- Let sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Place stuffing into baking dish. Cut the remaining 1 Tbsp. of butter into small pieces and dot over the stuffing.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Cover with foil and bake another 10 minutes.
Be sure to save this to your favorite Pinterest boards!