Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats are rich and delicious chocolate Rice Krispy Treats topped with a decadent chocolate and peanut butter ganache.
Hey friends, it’s Kelly back again from Life Made Sweeter. I’m so excited that spring is finally here because that usually means fresh and lighter tasting meals along with more no-bake treats when I’m in the kitchen.
Rice Krispy Treats are one of those classic sweets that I can never get tired of. They were one of my favorite things to make when I was growing up and although the original recipe is delicious on it’s own, I love how many different variations you can come up with them.
These Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats start off with all those basic ingredients like butter, marshmallows and your favorite puffed rice cereal. To that we add some chocolate chips and peanut butter to the mixture and press firmly into a lightly greased pan.
Then we pour over a layer of gooey chocolate/peanut butter ganache and finally a drizzle of melted peanut butter dresses them up.
These simple bars make a decadent and delicious dessert that the entire family will love!
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 10 ounce package (around 4 cups) of Marshmallows
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache
- 1¼ cup chocolate chips of your choice
- ⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
- Plus another ½ cup of peanut butter for drizzling (optional)
- Line a 9x9 square pan with a sheet of aluminum foil coated lightly with cooking spray, leaving an overhang on the sides.
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over medium heat. Add, salt, peanut butter and marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add crispy rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a flat spatula, press mixture firmly and evenly into prepared pan. Allow mixture to cool and set for 30-40 minutes.
- To make chocolate peanut butter ganache:
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips in 30 second increments until smooth, stirring constantly in between each increment to avoid the chocolate from burning. (Do not over melt). Pour melted chocolate mixture on top of cooled crispy rice cereal and spread evenly using an offset spatula.
- Heat peanut butter in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. Scoop peanut butter into a small ziptop bag with a tiny hole in the corner snipped off. Drizzle peanut butter over the chocolate. Allow to set up and cool completely for about 2 hours on the counter or place in the fridge or freezer for faster set up time. Cut bars into evenly sized squares.
- Allow bars to come to room temperature before serving.
Thanks for letting me share here with you again today!
You can stay connected with Kelly here: