Donut Drops are an easy dessert recipe that go fast. Hands will be snatching them up faster than you can blink!
I love donuts. Or doughnuts. However you like to spell it. That isn’t important. What’s important are these delicious fried balls of amazingness. Yes, that’s a word now. They are super fast and super easy and super addicting. You won’t be able to stay away from these. I couldn’t. My kids couldn’t.
Author: Mandy Bird
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 C. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 3½ C. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Blend in ½ C. sugar, melted butter, milk and vanilla.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix to make a soft dough.
- Mix together cinnamon and remaining sugar; set aside.
- Heat several inches of oil to 365 degrees in a deep saucepan or fryer.
- Drop dough into hot oil by teaspoonfuls, a few at a time.
- Fry until golden on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture while still warm.