School’s out, summer is here and now is the time for some great frozen snacks to help cool your family down! Hi! I’m Debbie with Made From Pinterest, ready to share a great recipe with you today: DIY Yogurt To Go!
Nowadays moms are very health conscious and watch labels for artificial ingredients and dyes. These frozen snacks are packed full of fruit and I promise that your kids are going to gobble them up. With only three ingredients, these are super easy to make.
They seriously take no time at all and another great thing about them is that they are portable! Throw them in a cooler, and you have a great healthy snack for your kiddos! Look at the beautiful colors of these To Go Yogurts instead of the dyed colors of the store bought kind. This is a snack that you can feel good about giving to your family. So here we go with the recipe!
- 1-2 cups of vanilla yogurt. I did not use greek yogurt.
- 2 cups of the desired fruit
- ¼ cup of sweetener. This can be honey, agave or sugar. Given the small amount of sugar and spreading it out over 6-8 yogurts, I feel like these are still much lower in sugar than the store bought brand.
- Zipsicle plastic containers. You can purchase some here: http://amzn.to/1dxTo6N (affiliate link)
- In a blender, blend together your fruit and the yogurt. How much yogurt you use depends on how many individual yogurts you will yield. I put in around 1 and ½ cups of yogurt and got 7-8 individual yogurts.
- After blending these two ingredients, blend in your sweetener. Or you can also omit this step and just use the fruit and yogurt.
- Pour into the popsicle containers to the "fill line" as they will expand when frozen. I was going to use a funnel but instead just pinched the opening wide and poured the mixture right in.
- Freeze until hard and ready to serve.
We hope you enjoy this recipe and we’ll see ya’ll again next month!
~Be sure to follow us on our social media~
Some more “cool” snacks!