Death by Chocolate Cookies are such a great recipe when you need that chocolate fix. Three kinds of chocolate chips are involved which can only be a good thing! There’s a giveaway involved so be sure to enter it!
I am so excited about this post today! I had the most awesome privilege of checking out my amazing friend Hayley’s new cookbook Out of the Box Desserts: Simply Spectacular, Semi-Homemade Sweets which is one of those cookbooks you NEED. It’s full of over 100 mouth-watering desserts and you will want to make every.single.recipe. I personally guarantee this. Hayley blogs over at the insanely awesome blog The Domestic Rebel and is one of my favorite bloggers ever. She’s the sweetest and her posts make me laugh every time.
Out of the Box Desserts has so many amazing recipes that it was hard to choose which one to go with for today. There’s her Sinful Brookie Cake, Blueberry Muffin Cake, Baklava Brownie Bombs and Pina Colada Cupcakes to name a few.
You guys need to grab a copy of this cookbook. It’s on Amazon and at lots of book stores so be sure to look for it. I am giving away one copy to one read so be sure to enter for your chance to win at the bottom of this recipe.
These Death by Chocolate Cookies are so delicious. The flavor is great and there are 3 types of chocolate chips in them: Dark Chocolate, Semi-Sweet Chocolate and White Chocolate. Win-win-win. They use a dark chocolate cake mix as well which gives them that cake flavor while still being chewy delicious. Give them a try and grab the cookbook for more amazing recipes!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups dark chocolate cake mix (just the dry mix)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth, about 2 minutes. Slowly beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the baking soda, salt, flour and cake mix powder. Mix until a soft dough forms. Add all the chocolate chip and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours or overnight. This is mandatory.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Drop tablespoons of cookie dough onto baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time.
- Remove and cool cookies on wire racks.
Be sure to save this to your favorite Pinterest boards!