1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, slightly softened
1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
1 cup oats
1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
½ cups lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and brown sugar together until well combined.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add oats and flour to butter/sugar mixture and mix to combine.
- Press half of oat crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8 x 11 inch pan. You can use a 9 x 13 pan; it will just be thinner.
- Mix together condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Spread onto the bottom layer of the crumb mixture.
- Spread the other half of the crumb mixture mix on top of lemon layer but don’t press.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow pan to sit on counter for 30 minutes after baking. Cut into squares and refrigerate for a couple of hours or until cool.
- Serve cool. Makes around one dozen.